As I originally estimated it, this challenge should have ended after Week 15/Day 105, but I didn’t reach my goal. I had lost a total of 14.8 pounds, 11.2 pounds short of my target. Clearly, my estimation was way off! However, I will continue to fail until I succeed and I am glad my mindset was to keep pushing as opposed to throwing my hands up – I was rewarded with some huge milestones because of it!
First, Week 16 resulted in the biggest weekly drop in weight since this challenge started – I dropped 3.8 pounds! They say 1 to 2 pounds a week is a safe target over the long term, so my estimate based on the weekly loss I had on one of my previous challenges was towards the aggressive end at 1.75 pounds per week. Before Week 16, the biggest drop I had was 3.4 pounds, the smallest drop was .2 of a pound, and it even went up by as high as 1.1 pound, making my average weekly difference a drop of .8 of a pound. This definitely accounts for why this challenge is going longer than I estimated!
But as they say, I didn’t get this far to only get this far. As we know, our weight goes up and down by day throughout the day, but my weight hit a a new low on this challenge 5 out of 7 days during Week 16! I well-surpassed the 10 pounds to go mark! Finally, I also now weigh less than I did at the end of the last time I tried (and failed) this challenge, which was 125.8 on February 2, 2019!
*An important thing to note is that Week 16 was actually an unplanned rest week, so I didn’t exercise as planned. The weight loss shows how nutrition is key – I remained in a calorie deficit even when several of my meals were off plan this week.
Day 112 Results
- Weight: 123.2 pounds (8.2 to go!)
- Steps: 7,376 (as of 9:08pm)
- Lows: None!
- Highs: Weight hit a new low on this challenge! I hit all my marks today! Week 16 complete!
- Meal 1 – 1 slice of white bread, 1 slice of American cheese, .5 c and 3 tbsp egg whites, scrambled
- Meals 2 and 5 – .5 c steamed white Basmati rice, 1 hard boiled egg, unmeasured fresh tomatoes, 2 oz chicken breast boiled in low sodium soy sauce and vinegar (Filipino adobo!)
- Meals 3, 4, and Postworkout – 1 serving of protein shake
- Exercise: (1st number is the number of reps, 2nd number is the weight on each side, 0 means bar only for curl/barbell moves or body weight for others)
- Chin ups and dips super set – 6, 6, 4 and 3×15
- Concentration curls with drop set – 12-15, 9-17.5, 6-20, 6-12
- Triceps kickbacks with drop set – 3×12-17.5 then drop to 12
- Dumbbell bicep curls and triceps push downs super set – 10-15/15, 10-15/17.5, 10-15/17.5
- Dumbbell skull crushers and hammer curls super set – 3×15-10/15
- HIIT – jumping jacks for 45 minutes
- All other markers checked.
Don’t forget to recognize and deliver love today! ❤ G