On my Day 54 post, I said that I would talk more about my postworkout protein shake, OR MEAL. I’d like to clarify that protein shakes are NOT required to lose weight or fat. However, I mentioned that protein is a key part of my nutrition plan because I want to build muscle and lose fat. In order to do this, I have a certain amount of protein that I need to consume, but I also have to stay within my calorie range to remain in a deficit. Drinking protein shakes helps me do this because of its protein to calories ratio. I personally can’t just eat chicken or eggs by themselves, so if I wanted to eat a 6th portion of protein on my training days (my normal 5 meals plus another one for postworkout), I opt for a shake rather than “real” #food, to which I would add even more calories from bread, or rice, etc.
If you’ve been following along on this particular journey, you’ll recall a few times when I couldn’t fit my postworkout shake in. In reality, I couldn’t fit my 6th portion of protein on that particular training day. When I couldn’t fit Meal 5 in, it was a non-training day meant for 5 portions of protein, and I only had 4. For various reasons, including starting my day later than normal or being busy with something that pushed back my workout or other meals, it sometimes becomes “too late” for me to eat that last portion (I try not to eat past 9pm). Hope that makes sense! Going forward, I will list my postworkout meal under the Nutrition section of my daily results, whether it is a protein shake or full meal.
Day 56 Results
- Weight: 132 pounds (17 to go!)
- Steps: 10,347 (as of 9:54pm)
- Lows: None!
- Highs: Weight hit a new low on this challenge! I increased the resistance on my rowing machine again! Week 8 complete!
- Meal 1 – 1 slice of white bread, 1 slice of American cheese, 1 whole egg and .5 c egg whites, scrambled
- Meal 2 – 1 serving of protein shake
- Meal 3 – 4 oz 90/10 ground beef in tomato sauce (Iranian kabob mahitabie!) in 2 slices of white bread
- Meal 4 and Postworkout (combined) – 2 servings of protein shake
- Meal 5 – .5 c steamed white Basmati rice, 4 oz grilled chicken breast, .5 c corn, zero-everything Italian dressing
- Exercise: (1st number is the number of reps, 2nd number is the weight on each side, 0 means bar only for curl/barbell moves or body weight for others)
- Skull crushers with curl bar and hammer curls super set – 15-7.5/10, 15-10/12, 15-10/15
- Triceps push downs and curls with curl bar super set – 10-5/7.5, 10-10/10, 10-10/12.5
- Triceps kickbacks drop set – 12-10, 12-12, 12-15, 12-10
- Preacher curls drop set – 12-12, 9-15, 6-17.5, 6-12
- Close grip press and dips super set – 15-20, 15-22.5, 15-25
- HIIT – rowing machine for 45 minutes (resistance level 5!)
- LISS – air climber to get my steps in
- All other markers checked.
Don’t forget to recognize and deliver love today! ❤ G
1 thought on “G’s Driver’s License Weight Challenge – Postworkout and Day 56 Results”